My apologies the anticipated upgrade date of this Sunday did not materialise. Ultimately when we tested it live, we simply were not in a position to proceed without severe risk of potential problems, so of course it was only sensible to delay.
I have left it till now to write this blog as I wanted to be clear in my own head how things stand and in order to get a full overview, had to fix one particular issue. This has now been done and after review I can say it may be a few more days before we are able to get the upgrade done and dusted. Primarily this is down to data passing and table structures requiring amendment in areas within the site that talk to each other behind the scenes. Its dull as can be to bore you with the full details but basically until we are convinced all is okay we cant proceed.
Although this is a little frustrating and we were all really excited about Sunday, in the long run its without doubt the correct course of action. This upgrade will be a major one, the biggest we have done for over a year, so getting it right is vital.
I shall not waffle on for much longer just now, other than to say I can assure you we are working round the clock to get everything just right and that the benefits shall far outweight the slight delay as we finalise everything. I shall post again later in the week.
Sincere thanks to all members who have been in touch with messages of support and contributions. What goes around comes around. Everyone doing their bit means HorseRaceBase has a very bright future.
Finally, if you are emailing us please be patient during this really busy time. We will reply to every request, question and comment. Your feedback is what builds the site.